Monday 14 June 2010

E4's Monday Night Movies

____The end is nigh and I should have started this blog a long time ago! Better late than never, now I finally have time to do these extra things ^^

I'm going to use this space to pop up my final videos from the past year's work, as well as older pieces of work. I may even add my opinions of awesome things I find dotting about, and maybe even my random thoughts on occasion.. lucky you.

Starting at the beginning, the first project set was to create motion graphic adverts for E4's Monday Night Movies strand. We were told the movies to be shown on these were the classic 'cheese' e.g Ghostbusters, Crocodile Dundee, etc, and while so terrible they were but we still can't resist watching them. The 'irresistible' idea was where my concept originated and from this I came up with the irresistible red "do not press" button. I created a variety of short sequences, all with this red button, which advertised each genre of film, e.g comedy, sci-fi, horror.

.. and this is what I came up with!

E4 Monday Night Movie's FINAL (Comedy)



E4 Monday Night Movie's FINAL (Sci-Fi)



Development works for this project are shown below. It originated as a cartoon button drawn on a whiteboard, but this did not look irresistible enough.



The below development is almost the final of the comedy advert, but before I had applied the cracked glass effect in Adobe After Effects.




At the early ideas stage, I originally came up with the idea that the films are so irresistible that you are literally dragged towards them, whether you like it or not. This idea became visual in this animatic:



Looking back, I really wish I'd followed through on this idea and would still like to pursue it in my spare time.

In future I need to be more confident with my initial ideas, getting them visual as soon as possible in as many forms as possible, and also to follow through on ideas even though I fear they may be tricky to film.

No comments:

Post a Comment