Sunday 25 January 2015

Shrek the Musical Typography


So I first saw Shrek the Musical when a friend bought the DVD round to watch. I had seen the animated films and thought they were great stories, but didn't see how it could work as a musical.

OH MY GOODNESS. I fell completely in love and finally went to see it live in Oxford in September. Everything was perfect; from the costumes, to the music, the characters, the acting, to the astoundingly creative sets, to the very toungue-in-cheek humour which worked for audiences of all ages. But behind all this was still a great story about learning to love yourself for who you are.

The lyrics in particular for me I found very beautifully written, so much that I was inspired to use some of my favourite lyrics to create some typographical visuals. Credit for the fontface goes to Kevin Wilson.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment